Direct from the New York (Cancer) Times

(all the cancer news that fits)



Cancer, at Age 23




This video series is about life. But life with cancer. “Since the diagnosis, my life has been a slow emergency, my world a waiting room,” wrote Suleika Jaouad. “Each month I do a round of chemotherapy, and then the doctors examine my bone marrow to determine if I’m ready for transplant.” Since late March, Ms. Jaouad has written a series of articles for Well, an NYTimes.com blog about health and healthy living, on her leukemia diagnosis and her struggle against the disease. Her words are poignant and powerful. “Cancer has shocked and terrorized me into a wakefulness that I didn’t know existed. Now every decision, every moment feels both meaningful and fleeting.” Several videos that Ms. Jaouad did with the videographer Shayla Harris accompanied the series.