Update: the Search for Organic Whey Powder


Bovine growth hormones: Does she or doesn't she?


I wrote quite a while back about my search for protein powder without soy or rBGH--recombinant bovine growth hormone. I finally found Jay Robb Unflavored Whey Protein Isolate from non-hormone-ated cows and sent off for it. Then I got Whole Foods to order it for me. I recommend it. If anyone knows of a better whey, let me know. It would be "purer" if Jay Robb could assure us that the cows were fed grains and grasses that were not treated with pesticides. There's protein powder from hemp, but I can't stomach the color, green. I just found on line organic brown rice protein powder. I haven't tried it.

A note about soy: It's a great bean, but since it acts like a weak estrogen, we Cancer Bitches with estrogen-sensitive tumors try to avoid it. Therefore, it's annoying to go to a coffee place and ask if they have organic milk, and they say, Yes, we have organic soy. That's why I usually bring my own organic milk in those little boxes. For a while Starbucks had organic (whole) milk, but because of low demand, stopped offering it. In my general environs, you can find organic milk at Dollop and Julius Meinl.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised you can't find "Organic Valley" milk (organic, whole, low fat, and skim) at Whole Foods. It's gotten popular enough here in "the sticks" (Michigan City) that I can find it in all our grocery stores. Who knows, maybe Jewel or Dominics...

Sam

Writer said...

I get it at Whole Foods. I buy a case of it and bring it to coffee houses.
--C. Bitch

Jessi, Brady and Bridgette said...

You wanted info about grass fed protein - whey protein powder...
http://products.mercola.com/whey-protein-aminogen/
The Whey Protein Powder with Aminogen uses Defense Nutrition™ whey, which the manufacturer guarantees is produced from cows that:
Graze on disease-free, pesticide-free, and chemical free natural grasses
Are free from chemical, genetic, or hyper-immunization influences
Are free from bovine growth hormones -- never given rBGH or rBST

Anonymous said...

i came across www.theorganicwhey.com which is all organic but they seem to have a backlog and are only accepting invitation requests. Does anyone know if it is available at Wholefoods?

Anonymous said...

Biotics Research whey protein isolate is the best. Try it. it is from grass fed cows, no hormones or antibiotics and is low temperature processed to retain all the nutrients.

appletinao said...

Hi, cool post. I have been thinking about this topic,so thanks for sharing. I will probably be subscribing to your blog. Keep up great writing!!!

Defense Nutrition


http://defensenutrition.com

The Organic Whey Team said...

Hi Sandi,
I read your article about your search for organic whey. We recently made our USDA certified organic whey protein publicly available (http://theorganicwhey.com).
Since your blog brings hope to so many women, it would be an honor for us to send you one pouch of The Organic Whey™. Perhaps, once you have tried it, you can share your thoughts for the benefit of other readers. Please email the address where we can mail you The Organic Whey™ to info@theorganicwhey.com.

The Organic Whey Team.

john said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

瘦身減肥推薦塑身 瘦身 瘦身餐 台南減肥 減肥藥有效 減肥藥 快速減肥方法 有效減肥方法 減肥方法 快速減肥 減肥餐 減重方法 健康減重 健康減肥 減重門診 減肥門診 減肥 減肥 減肥 女人有更年期症狀 更年期症狀 工作職場離不開碳粉匣 HP碳粉匣 EPSON碳粉匣 碳粉匣宅配 好工具輸送機 工作翻譯社 英文翻譯 日文翻譯 公證 實用推薦夾鏈袋 塑膠袋 食品袋 包裝袋 藥袋 職場破碎機 監視器 居家實用隱形鐵窗 無線電對講機 屋頂防水 防水專家

Kushal Pandit said...

Thanx for ur post. plzzz tell me wht is the main benifits of WP, nd wht is the effect of WP on health ??